|AURORA uses the high-performance power of Intel’s®
80C251 microprocessor to provide fast, reliable note
recognition. Using GPT’s proven, patented RGBI optical
technology, AURORA can validate currency from any country
— no options to configure, no hardware to change.
With its high capacity resident memory, AURORA can
process up to 64 different notes in all four directions.
AURORA’s advanced software databases ensure rapid
recognition of more than 50 curriences worldwide. AURORA
also allows multiple currency databases to be stored
AURORA has been specifically designed for use within
harsh, unattended and remote locations where reliability is of
prime importance. The unit features a heavy-duty ABS plastic
bezel, which is backed by a steel frame. Internally, the
optical housings are sealed to protect the electronic
components against liquid intrusion. The internal antistringing
system uses GPT’s unique optical array to provide
the highest possible security protection.
In order to ensure reliable operation in the toughest
environments, all sensors are constantly monitored and
adjusted to accommodate the changing conditions, such as
temperature, light, etc. All these features are provided within
an industry standard envelope—meaning that AURORA can
be easily installed into a multitude of applications.
|To ensure the note moves smoothly and evenly through the
validator, AURORA features an all-plastic channel with a
positive-drive mechanism. All sensors are optical (i.e., no
mechanical flags or fingers are used), which seriously
reduces the likelihood of notes jamming during transport. In
addition, the optical sensors detect notes as they are
inserted, rejecting those that are overly skewed.
The lockable, removable cash box features an integrated
drive system. This design ensures the note is positioned
correctly for stacking regardless of its orientation. A new,
innovative stacking mechanism stacks either paper or
plastic notes swiftly and reliably. The optional Soft-Drop
Analyzer (SDA), in the stacker, records each transaction as
accepted or rejected. This information can be downloaded
into accounting databases and used for management
• Intel® 80C251 Microprocessor
• 192K Flash for firmware and database
• 8-Position DIP Switch to enable note
denominations and other options
• 24 VDC and 12 VDC power options
• 250 ma @ 24 V Standby, 800 ma
• Bill widths from 60-mm to 78-mm
• Patented RGBI optical scan
technology provides positive note
recognition and high security.
• World Currency Validator with
downloadable software database
• Advanced software for fraud detection.
• Multi-Country Databases – up to 64
individual notes with four-way
||• Optical anti-string detection provides
highest possible levels of protection.
• Red and green bezel LED’s provide
display of multi-diagnostic codes.
• Modular design for use with or without
• Liquid-Intrusion Resistant Design.
• Integrated drive system for positivenote
handling for up-stack or downstack
• Innovative stacking mechanism allows
more notes to be stacked in a smaller
• Secure, lockable cashbox.
• Optional, patented SDA software,
records all transactions in the stacker
which can be quickly downloaded for
accounting and Management
||Interface Capabilities• MDB and V2.2 built-in protocols
• A2A or High Level protocols available
• 12 VDC or 24 VDC built in; 24 VAC,
110 – 265 VAC optional
• Temperature: -15º to 65ºC
• Humidity: 5 to 95% R.H. Non-